Early this morning I got a call from Moholoholo to let me know that Porky was ready to come home. They had one final request though – that the whole team come across to my farm with Porky and watch the release. I was thrilled to be able to share this precious moment with the volunteers, trainee vets and vet nurses, and other Moholoholo staff who all took such careful care of this badly injured porcupine.
Here is the team on the farm (with Porky in the red box)
I do not have words that can explain the following pictures. I do not have words that explain what it feels like to see this and to be there when a creature that was so badly hurt is returned to the wild where he belongs. I will let the pictures speak.
Run Porky, run free…….
Read more about Porky on the following links:
- Be careful what you wish for (slowvelder.wordpress.com)
- A little more about Porky (slowvelder.wordpress.com)
- Porky news (slowvelder.wordpress.com)
- Where Porky gets famous (slowvelder.wordpress.com)
- Porcupine’s progress (slowvelder.wordpress.com)